|1 Cup Unsalted Butter||1/2 tsp Salt|
|2 Cup Sugar||1 C Coconut Milk|
|4 Large Eggs||1 tsp. Coconut Extract|
|3 C Sifted Cake Flour||1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla extract|
|3 tsp Baking Powder|
For the Frosting
|1 (8oz) pkg Cream Cheese||1 Tbsp. Coconut Extract|
|1/2 Cup Butter||Shredded, Sweetened Coconut|
|2 C Powdered Sugar||Unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted|
- For the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350°. Line standard sized muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 – 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until batter is well combined.
- Sift together the already sifted cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter alternately with the coconut milk until all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. Stir in coconut and vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners no more than two-thirds of the way full. Bake for 25 – 28 minutes, until light golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove cupcakes to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, cream together the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and coconut extract. Add more coconut extract, if desired. Slather cupcakes with a dallop of frosting and spread evenly. Generously top each frosted cupcake with shredded, sweetened coconut or unsweetened toasted coconut flakes.