|1 cup butter||1 cup finely chopped almonds or pecans|
|1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar plus 1 cup for dusting||1 tbsp vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp salt||2 cups sifted all-purpose flour|
1. Cream butter in a mixing bowl.
2. Gradually add sugar (1/2 cup) and salt.
3. Continue creaming until light and fluffy.
4. Add nuts and vanilla extract. (This recipe calls for ground almonds or pecans, but some prefer walnuts or hazelnuts.)
5. Blend in flour gradually. Mix thoroughly.
6. Shape into teaspoonful balls.
7. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 325° F for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sprinkle some of the confectioner’s sugar over cookies while still on the sheet. Cool before removing from cookie sheet.
10. Place some confectioner’s sugar in a Ziploc bag and place some of the cookies inside. Gently shake well so the sugar completely coats the cookies.
Tip: These cookies taste best after sitting a couple of days. You can store them in the refrigerator, freezer, or at room temperature.