|3 C Fresh Peaches||1 1/2 C Sugar|
|Zest of 3 Lemons||1 C Fresh Lemon Juice (Juice of about 7 lemons)|
|6 C Cold Water or Sparkling Water||Garnish (Peach slices, lemon slices, mint)|
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add diced peaches, lemon zest, sugar and 2 cups of water.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and let mixture simmer. (Do not boil, reduce heat if needed)
- When peaches are very soft, mash them with a potato masher or fork to break them up.
- Let mixture simmer until it thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain the peach syrup mixture into a bow and discard the solids.
- Add the lemon juice to the peach mixture.
- Pour into a pitcher along with 4 cups of water or sparkling water.
- Regrigerate until cold if desired
- Fill gasses with ice and peach lemonade.
- Garnish with fresh peach slices, fresh lemon slices and mint.